Under PM Awas Yojana (PMAY) Housing Scheme 9.11 Lakh More BPL Families – TN Survey

The Tamil Nadu government has identified 9.11 lakh more below poverty line (BPL) families after a year-long survey. These BPL families were excluded from the Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) 2011. Now these BPL people will be included in the PM Awas Yojana (PMAY) list so that they can take advantage of the housing scheme of the Center.

The Tamil Nadu survey was conducted by the Department of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj. This was done after the TN government. Obtained consent of Central Government. Identifying missing BPL families from the SECC 2011 census. State government. Has identified more BPL families in the survey and uploaded its data on the PM Awas Yojana web portal.

More BPL families of Tamil Nadu in PM Awas Yojana

State government. Tamil Nadu has identified 9.11 lakh more BPL families in the survey and uploaded its data on the web portal of PM Awas Yojana. This data is under investigation by the implementing agency of the PMAY Housing Scheme of the Central Government. Since only those families whose names appear in the SECC 2011 data are eligible for benefits under the PMAY scheme, these 9.11 lakh families were not considered beneficiaries.

After these BPL families are included in the SECC list, they will be automatically added to the PMAY Housing Scheme beneficiary list in a phased manner. Following the Tamil Nadu government’s initiative to add leftist BPL families to the SECC 2011 census, several other state governments have conducted similar surveys.

Benefits of adding a name to the SECC 2011 list for PMC housing

Under the PMAY Housing Scheme, each beneficiary gets Rs. Financial assistance of Rs. 1.20 lakhs in 4 stages of construction of houses. Out of this assistance, 60% of the funds will be allocated by the central government while the state government will approve the remaining 40%. Additionally, TN Govt. Will sanction an additional amount of Rs. 50,000 to each beneficiary for construction costs and installing solar panels.

Tamil Nadu State Government. Special campaigns were carried out to identify the people affected by the Gaza cyclone, especially in the delta districts of Thanjavur, Nagapattinam, Pudukottai and Thiruvarur. In this driver, TN Govt. Has identified 1.12 lakh people who did not get the house puta. State government. Has also uploaded its name in the Central Government’s Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Portal.

Government of Tamil Nadu. Intends to build concrete houses to replace all thatched huts in the delta and coastal districts. These pucca houses are necessary to ensure the safety of people during natural disasters in the near future.

Leave a Comment